There are two Baccalaureate Tracks designed for students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) within the College of Business after earning an Associate of Arts (AA) degree through Missoula College. Students pursuing the BSBA may earn a major in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management, Marketing, or they may earn a major in International Business by double majoring in International Business and one other business major.
All students wishing to pursue a UM BSBA degree in any of the above majors must meet the following requirements. (All of these requirements are incorporated as part of the Baccalaureate Tracks.) Note that students must be admitted to a specific business major (see #3) before beginning junior-level coursework:
- Primary Lower Core: Earn grades of C- or better AND have a primary lower core cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- WRIT 101 College Writing I
- M 115 Probability and Linear Math or M 121 College Algebra
- BGEN 105S Introduction to Business
- ECNS 201S Principles of Microeconomics
- STAT 216 Introduction to Statistics (or other acceptable statistics course)
- ACTG 201* Principles of Financial Accounting [or ACTG 101 and ACTG 102]
- ACTG 202* Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BMIS 270 MIS Foundations for Business
*NOTE: Accounting majors must earn a C or better in ACTG 201 and ACTG 202 to progress on to accounting coursework beyond ACTG 202.
- Secondary Lower Core: Earn grades of C- or better. Certain upper-division courses list these as prerequisites, so completion during the freshman/sophomore year is strongly advised to graduate in a timely manner.
- ECNS 202S Principles of Macroeconomics
- COMX 111A Introduction to Public Speaking
- CSCI 172 Intro to Computer Modeling
- BGEN 220E Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Admission to the Major: In the semester when students will complete at least 60 cumulative credits and all primary lower core requirements with a core cumulative GPA of 2.0 and minimum grades of C-, students must apply for admission to one of the following COB business majors: accounting, finance, international business, management, management information systems, or marketing. (Students pursuing a major in international business must pair it with one of the other five business majors).
- In the semester in which the student will be applying for admission to the major, the student is required to attend a COB group advising session for the chosen major. At this session, major requirements and other critical information are disseminated, and students can obtain their advising PIN. Students not attending these sessions must wait until the end of the priority registration to obtain their advising PIN. These sessions are generally held two weeks prior to priority registration opening. See the COB Advising Office for more information about session dates/times for each major.
- In the semester in which the student will be applying for admission to the major, the student is required to file paperwork with Missoula College admissions to be admitted to the mountain campus. This is important, as students must be admitted to the mountain campus as Business Administration majors before they are able to register for all mountain campus courses.
Both tracks incorporate all of the courses needed to both earn an AA degree and complete all primary and secondary core courses required as part of the BSBA curriculum. The main difference between the two tracks is where the student starts out with her/his math course.
Business Administration Baccalaureate Track #1 is designed for students who have placed into M 115.
Business Administration Baccalaureate Track #2 is designed for students who have placed into M 090.