HHP Exploration and Preparation Baccalaureate Track
This Baccalaureate Track is for students who are interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health & Human Performance, but who want to focus on improving their math and/or science background first. This track is also appropriate for students who want to learn more about the HHP major to help determine if it is the right baccalaureate degree for them.
The plan below helps students earn their Associate of Arts (AA) degree while completing many of the common course requirements for all HHP major options. Students have room in their last semester to select from a number of different courses that count towards one or more of the specific major options.
This plan assumes that the student places into M 095 and WRIT 101. Should the student place below these levels, additional coursework may be required; this, in turn, may extend the length of the overall plan.
Students who have already decided which HHP option to pursue should select the Baccalaureate Track designed specifically for that option, rather than this track. Additionally, this track is not designed to be a “2+2” plan.
|M 095 (developmental)||3|
|Total Credits||9 (12 credits for semester workload)|
|Or M 121||3|
|Mtn: KIN 201||3|
|Mtn: STAT 216||4|
|Mtn: CHMY 121N||3|
|Mtn: KIN 205**||3|
|Mtn: (Y) Democracy & Citizenship||3-4|
- * These courses are major restricted; the student must obtain a registration override from the professor in order to enroll in this course.
- Complete AA degree graduation application
|(L) LIterary & Artistic Studies||3|
|HHP major course of choice (see list)||3|
Recommendations for HHP major course of choice:
- AHAT 210/213 Prevention & Care of Athletic Injuries/Lab: Pre-Athletic Training
- BIOM 250N (Spring only): Com. Health
- CHMY 123N & 124N: Exercise Science options
HTH 110: Com. Health
- M 122 (if M 121 is taken Spring #1): Exercise Science options
- PHAR 110N Use and Abuse of Drugs
- AA degree earned
- Fill out paperwork to become mountain campus student