Program Director: Dr. Steve Shen
Electronic devices are an integral component of our society. Electronics technology systems are utilized worldwide involving communication networks, home and entertainment, industrial automation and controls, medical technology, public safety, satellite communications and security.
The Electronics Technology Program offers students a broad foundation in electricity, electronics, semiconductors, digital logic, control systems, robotics, instrumentation, data communications, and wireless technologies.
The program utilizes a focused hands-on instructional approach with an emphasis on real world applications. The curriculum includes numerous lab courses.
The Electronics Technology Program offers a comprehensive technical foundation for individuals seeking an education involving the entry level skills required of a successful technician in the broad field of electronics.
Due to low enrollment, the Electronics Technology Program is undergoing revisions. Some courses may not be offered as they currently exist.
Upon completion of the program, a student will:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of electricity and electrical circuit theory.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts using written language.
- Develop safe workplace practices.
- Effectively utilize information technology as a research and productivity tool.
- Employ logic, critical thinking, and problem solving skills in the troubleshooting of electronic components.
- Solve technical problems involving mathematics at the level of college algebra, trigonometry, and applied calculus.
- Utilize instrumentation to measure, calibrate, test, and repair electronic components.
Related Job Titles
- Computer Control Operator/Programmer
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Electronics Technician
- Instrumentation Technician
- Home Entertainment System Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Residential Appliance Technician
- Security System Technician
- Telecommunications/ Radio Technician
Related Occupations (US-DOL Occupations Handbook)
- Computer Control Programmers and Operators: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes514012.htm
- Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Installation-Maintenance-and-Repair/Electrical-and-electronics-installers-and-repairers.htm
- Engineering Technology:http://www.bls.gov/ooh/Architecture-and-Engineering/home.htm
- Precision Instrument and Equipment Repairers: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes499069.htm