Business Media Design - CAS
Certificate of Applied Science, Business Media Design
This program examines digital and information technologies, the nature of business enterprise, media history, typography, art, and artistic aesthetics and expression. Courses are project-based where you use business media applications to create and develop a story, select and edit photographs, and create and edit audio/visual work in both still and time based mediums. Successful projects demonstrate artistic digital expression, effective visual communication, and attractive composition. You will learn and use Adobe applications, such as Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut, Dreamweaver, Animate, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat, and more. Graduates are prepared for entry level jobs in media design for business, education or non-profit organizations. In addition, graduates meet the prerequisite requirements for entry into the undergraduate programs, B.A in Media Arts or B.F.A in Media Arts.
- Gain foundational knowledge in digital and information technologies, the nature of business enterprise, media history, typography, visual symbols, art, and artistic aesthetics and expression.
- Create, edit, and design audio/visual work in both the still image and time based mediums that focus on artistic expression and its relationship to digital technology.
- Create business documents and publications using common business applications while following ethical, research, and industry standard guiding principles and best practices.
- Assemble web assets needed to construct a complete website using current W3C web HTML document type standards, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, and best web practices for file and domain management, container layout, navigation, and attractive web arrangement using principles and elements of design in an accessible web format.
- Plan, create, and organize artistically pleasing and effective print layouts based on the intended audience, organizational goals, and sound design through typography and imagery.
- Use photo editing software to create, edit, and customize digital images in appropriate image size, resolution, and file type for the intended publication medium.
The University of Montana catalog details degree specific credits and course requirements. The Curriculum Sequence suggests a semester-by-semester plan for students to complete the program.
|Business Media Design UM Catalog||Certificate of Applied Science|
|Business Media Design Curriculum Sequence|
*Expected financial aid eligibility Fall 2017. For more information about eligibility, contact Associate Dean Clint Reading.