Administrative Management - A.A.S. Degree
Cheryl Galipeau, Program Director
The Administrative Management Program prepares you to advance career proficiencies acquired in the Customer Relations certificate program by earning an Associate of Applied Science Degree. Graduates are prepared to meet the administrative and information needs of business and industry by learning to craft online and print documents and publications, communicate positively with internal and external customer, and manage administrative resources, projects, and information. This program prepares you to become vital members of executive teams with the ability to assume supervisory, organizational, and communication roles in the coordination of administrative services. You will have the opportunity to gain industry standard expertise by earning Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications in Microsoft Office programs. Earning a Microsoft Office Specialist certification increases job opportunities by proving technical proficiency in advanced skills to potential and current employers. An Associate of Applied Science Degree in Administrative Management opens opportunities for graduates in a variety of business settings.
Academically prepared students entering autumn semester may complete the program in four semesters as outlined below. Students entering spring should meet with an advisor prior to selecting courses.
- Formulate service policies for excellent customer service management
- Apply service-level decisions to develop staff, enhance customer loyalty, and deal with challenges and conflicts while serving both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate the workplace skills of effective communication (oral, written, nonverbal), problem-solving, managing interpersonal relationships and collaborating with teams, thinking critically, and leadership
- Ethically use research and the tools of technology to create and organize business documents efficiently, accurately, and artfully designed
- Design and develop effective online solutions incorporating search engine strategies, attractive user-centered and accessible design for multiple platforms, mobility, and devices relevant to organizational goals and targets
- Plan for career development by creating standard employment documents and honing personal presentation skills
- Understand, appreciate, and recognize opportunities of diverse populations and cultures
Related Job Titles:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Coordinator
- Administrative Manager
- Administrative Specialist
- Client Relations Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Virtual Assistant
The University of Montana catalog details degree specific credits and course requirements.
|Administrative Management||Associate of Applied Science|