Director, Big Sky Pathways and Dual Enrollment
Cyberbear is University of Montana online student information account. It is important that you keep your student information and access to Cyberbear private to avoid identity theft.
What is Cyberbear is used for?
- Pay your student bill
- View account/billing information
- View current course schedule
- View final grades
- Request an official transcript
Steps to get to Cyberbear
Step One- Access your UMConnect Student Email Account:
- UMConnect, a suite of Microsoft-hosted Live@EDU services, is the official email for all University of Montana students. Students activate their UMConnect accounts at www.umt.edu/umconnect using your NetID and password.
- Click “What’s my NetID?” underneath the login button. If you are a student who has requested confidentiality through the Registrar's Office, your information will not display in the NetID lookup. Enter your information and click “Continue.” Write down your NetID, you will need it everytime you log in to UMConnect and CyberBear.
- Click on “Login”.
- Enter your NetID.
- Enter your password. It you have never logged in with your NetID, your password is the last six digits of your Student ID (790#).
- The first time you log in you will be promoted to change your password (remember it is case sensitive) and establish a security question and answer. This will allow you to reset your password later if you forget it.
- Check your email often for important billing information
Step Two-Access your Cyberbear:
- Log in at http://cyberbear.umt.edu/
- Click "Log In"
- Enter You Net ID
- Enter your password. If you have never logged in with your NetID, your password is the last six digits of your Student ID.