Distance Learning Support
Logging in first time:
- Navigate to umontana.zoom.us and click Login.
- Log in with NetID and password.
- You will be prompted to download the Zoom client. Follow your device's prompts to download, install, or run the Zoom client.
- From here, you can click Join a Meeting or host your own.
Join a meeting:
- Click the link from your email invitation and follow your device's prompts to set up Zoom or log in, or open the app.
- Navigate to umontana.zoom.us and log in with your NetID and password.
- Click Join a Meeting in top right corner and enter the Meeting ID (found in email invitation, or given to you from host)
- Review Zooms System Requirements for PC, Mac and Linux systems.
- Connectivity problems can happen. If you experience difficulties it's okay, rejoin as able. If problems persist, consider checking your Internet speed.
- Control background noise. We know you may not always be able to find quiet space and control interruptions by roommates, spouses, children, and pets. Stay muted unless you are going to speak. Use earbuds or headphones and refrain from typing unless you are muted. Your Instructors also have the ability to mute all participants.
- Consider using Zoom's built-in Chat feature or keeping the video feed off. This frees Internet bandwidth and will allow you to listen without worrying about your appearance.
UMOnline Keep On Learning: http://umonline.umt.edu/keep_on_learning/default.php