Nursing Student Resources
Helpful Info & Links for MC Nursing Students
Semester Cohort Schedules:
Faculty & Staff Office Hours
Handbooks & Manuals
Food & Housing Security:
- Any student who is struggling to access food or housing and believes this may affect their academic performance is encouraged to contact the UM Food Pantry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the ASUM Renter Center (email@example.com and 406-243-2017) for support.
- In addition to the UM Food Pantry in the UC West Atrium, Grizzly Cupboards can currently be found at the following locations:
- Missoula College Campus (room 430),
- TRIO Student Support Services in the Lommasson Center (room 180)
- VETS Office at 1000 East Beckwith
- AISS (suite 113) in the Payne Family Native American Center
Nursing Career Info & Advocacy - Helpful Links
RN to BSN Online Programs
Scholarships & Travel Stipends
- F.A. Davis Nursing & Health Science Scholarship - $1,000: Three $1,000 awards are offered every fall and semester. The Fall application deadline is usually mid-October and the Spring application deadline in late February. Click on the link for eligibility criteria, other details, and the current application.
- Submission deadline for Spring each year is usually February 28 with winners announced in May.
- Submission deadline for Fall each year is usually October 12 with winners announced in December.
- Soroptimist Scholarship for Women $1,500: Soroptimist International of Missoula annually awards $1,500 to a woman who is currentl enrolled in or accepted to a field of study in a Professional and/or Technical field. Usually late March is the application submission deadline. Submission deadline is usually late March each year.
- Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship: $2,500 awards given based on the following criteria: enrolled in a 2-year or less technical degree program (includes healthcare); financial need; be under the age of 30 and a U.S. citizen. Application usually "opens" mid-February with a priority "submission" deadline of mid-July, but the application is rolling so check their webpage.
- Best Beginnings Childcare Scholarship Program: Child Care Resources administers the state-funded Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship to help families with low income pay for child care.
- Funds Available - Rural Clinical Travel Support: A travel stipend funded by rural hospitals is available first come, first served due to limited funds - application link. For more information, please contact the Western Montana Area Health Education Center at (406) 243-4746.
- UM Scholarship Application Portal: The online Scholarship Application is accessible to all UM students and offers one centralized general application, regardless of major or program of study. The application replaces the "General University Scholarship Program," as well as many individual departmental, school, and college administered programs. Please note that scholarship opening and closing dates vary by scholarship and department. To learn more and apply:
Job & Training Opportunities
- Regional Network Nurse Internship: Build a foundation for your career via this 24-week program open to nurses with less than a year of experience. Six nurses are selected to be trained by University of Utah Health Regional Network in Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Nevada hospitals. The nurses rotate between various educational tracks and specialties. Housing and travel expenses are paid by the Network. There are two internship sessions each year: one begins in February and one in August. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Megan.Bailey@hsc.utah.edu. Please contact Megan with any questions you might have well before the respective application deadline. Application submission deadlines: December 1 for the February start internship; May 1 for the August start internship.
- Renown Health Residency Program
- St. Alphonsus Residency Program Are you graduating next semester?
This program rovides the opportunity for nursing program graduates as well as graduating students (both ADN/ASN and BSN) to participate in a year-long residency program. Included are all nurse graduates with less than 1 year of experience to help bring classroom skills into practice and advance critical thinking skills. The program is offered at multiple times and locations. Graduates are hired 2X each year (spring & fall). Interviews are typically held in October/November for fall graduates and February/March for spring graduates.
- Student Nurse Internships Available to Senior (4th Semester) Nursing Students: Benefis Health System in Great Falls -- see informational flyer.