My Missoula College
Nursing Student Resources
MC Nursing Program Application
- The application for both Fall Semester 2020 admission and Spring Semester 2021 admission will be posted by mid-February 2020. The submission deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020. Please review our requirements and application procedure.
Helpful Info & Links for MC Nursing Students
Faculty & Staff Office Hours
- Office Hours: Nursing Faculty for Fall 2019 (forthcoming)
- Office Hours: Nursing Program Staff (forthcoming)
Handbooks & Manuals
Food & Housing Security:
- Any student who is struggling to access food or housing and believes this may affect their academic performance is encouraged to contact the UM Food Pantry (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the ASUM Renter Center (email@example.com and 406-243-2017) for support.
- In addition to the UM Food Pantry in the UC West Atrium, Grizzly Cupboards can currently be found at the following locations:
- Missoula College Campus (room 430),
- TRIO Student Support Services in the Lommasson Center (room 180)
- VETS Office at 1000 East Beckwith
- AISS (suite 113) in the Payne Family Native American Center
Job & Training Opportunities
- Summer 2019 Externship at Billings Clinic: OPEN to RN students graduating in Dec. 2019 and May 2020; application deadline is Friday, February 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM.
- Summer 2019 CNA-MA Jobs at Billings Clinic: OPEN to 2nd-Year RN students; application deadline is Friday, February 15, 2019.
- Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno, Nevada is actively recruiting nurses.
Scholarships & Travel Stipends
- $2,500 Horatio Alger Career/Technical Scholarship STILL OPEN!!
The initital deadline for this 2019 scholarship was June 15, BUT the scholarship is still open for applications (posted 08/26/2019).
- 2019 Montana Gerontology Society Scholarship $1,500: awarded to a student pursuing a career in the field of aging. Deadline for application submission is February 15, 2019. See application for eligibility details.
- Best Beginnings Childcare Scholarship Program: Child Care Resources administers the state-funded Best Beginnings Child Care Scholarship to help families with low income pay for child care.
- Funds Available - Rural Clinical Travel Support: A travel stipend funded by rural hospitals is available first come, first served due to limited funds - application link. For more information, please contact the Western Montana Area Health Education Center at (406) 243-4746.
- Student Nurse Internships Available: with Benefis Health System in Great Falls -- see informational flyer.
- UM Scholarship Application Portal: The online Scholarship Application is accessible to all UM students and offers one centralized general application, regardless of major or program of study. The application replaces the "General University Scholarship Program," as well as many individual departmental, school, and college administered programs. Please note that scholarship opening and closing dates vary by scholarship and department. To learn more and apply:
- Go to the UM Scholarship Application Portal (https://www.umt.edu/finaid/scholarships/um-scholarship-portal)
- Log in using your UM Net ID and password.