Culinary Opportunities for Teachers
Our 2017 Tips for Teachers class is all about Gulf Coast Cuisine from June 19-23, 2017 at our new River Campus building. Receive 2 undergraduate credits!
- To introduce a hands-on approach to principles and techniques of authentic Gulf Coast Cuisine
- To discuss the history and influences that make the classic dishes from Florida to Louisiana what they are today
- To describe the ingredients and methods to suit preparations designed to create a variety of these regional favorites
- To describe the characteristics, functions and food sources of the major ingredients and how to maximize authenticity
- To apply the principles learned through menu planning and food preparation
For more information and costs, check out the program flyer or contact instructor Suzanne Phillips.