Communicative Sciences and Disorders Baccalaureate Track
Missoula College and the Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders (CSD) have created a communication sciences and disorders Baccalaureate Track. The CSD track is a plan of study for students interested in matriculating from Missoula College to the School of Speech, Language, Hearing, and Occupational Sciences within the College of Health Professions and Biomedical Sciences to first obtain an Associate of Arts (AA) degree followed by a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Communicative Sciences and Disorders.
The plan of study requires the student to:
- Complete the lower-division General Education Requirements for UM and the Associate of Arts degree, with an emphasis in Speech-Language Pathology
- Complete CSD major courses with a C- or higher
- Attain 60 or more credits upon earning the AA
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Early in the semester prior to earning the AA degree, complete the Missoula College graduation application with a Missoula College advisor
- Early in the semester prior to attending the mountain campus:
- complete applicable paperwork to become a mountain campus Communicative Sciences and Disorders major, which is required for pre-registration of mountain campus classes
- contact the School of Speech, Language, Hearing, and Occupational Sciences to schedule an advising appointment with the mountain campus academic advisor for the first semester at the mountain campus
Upon completion of these requirements, the student will have successfully matriculated into the Communicative Sciences and Disorders major at UM with junior status.
This plan assumes that the student places into M 115 and WRIT 101. Should the student place below these levels, additional coursework may be required; this, in turn, may extend the length of the overall plan.
Several courses included in the plan are major-restricted (i.e. only students with certain majors may register for them in Cyberbear). Students must acquire Registration Override forms signed by the instructor in order to enroll in these courses. Visit with an advisor for more information.
- TOTAL CREDITS FOR AA DEGREE: 61
|Mtn: THTR 101L(Y)||3|
|Mtn: CSD 110||3|
|Mtn: CSD 194||1|
|Mtn: C&I 194||1|
|Mtn: LING 270||3|
|Mtn: PSYX 120||3|
|Mtn: CSD 210||3|
|Mtn: CSD 320||3|
|Mtn: STAT 216||4|
|Mtn: CSD 221N||3|
|Mtn: CSD 222||3|
- Fill out AA graduation application. They are due the last Friday in October for Spring graduation.
- AA degree earned.
- Fill out a mountain campus major change form for Fall #3 admission.