Early Childhood Education Baccalaureate Tracks
Both of the Early Childhood Education: P-3 (ECE) Baccalaureat Tracks is a plan of study for students interested in matriculating from Missoula College to the Phyllis J. Washington College of Education and Human Sciences, to first obtain an Associate of Arts (AA) degree followed by a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Early Childhood Education: P-3.
These plans of study require the student to:
- Complete the lower-division General Education Requirements for UM and the AA degree, with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education
- Complete all ECE major courses with a C- or better
- Attain 60 or more credits upon earning the AA
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Early in the semester prior to earning the AA degree, complete the Missoula College graduation application with a Missoula College advisor
- Early in the semester prior to attending the mountain campus:
- complete applicable paperwork to become a mountain campus Early Childhood Education: P-3 major, which is required for pre-registration of mountain campus classes and to apply for formal admission to the Teacher Education Program
- contact Teacher Education Services to schedule an advising appointment for the first semester at the mountain campus
- as an Early Childhood Education: P-3 major, discuss with the Early Childhood Education Advisor when to apply to the Teacher Education Program and apply as advised.
Upon completion of these requirements, the student will have successfully matriculated as an Early Childhood Education: P-3 major from Missoula College UM to the UM Mountain Campus, and will be notified if accepted into the Teacher Education Program in Early Childhood Education.
Some plans refer to the Appendix A Missoula College Electives document.
Early Childhood Education Baccalaureate Track #1 is designed to be 2+2 program for students to complete the entirety of their AA at Missoula College, followed by a BA in Early Childhood Education at the UM mountain campus, within four years.
Early Childhood Education Baccalaureate Track #2 is a 2+2 Early Launch Program for students to earn their AA degree through Missoula College, followed by a BA in Early Childhood Education through the UM mountain campus, within four years. Students following this plan transition to the mountain campus their fourth semester (Spring #2), but still earn their AA that same semester.