Each of the three Elementary Education (ELED) Baccalaureate Tracks is a plan of study for students interested in matriculating from Missoula College to the Phyllis J. Washington College of Education and Human Sciences, to first obtain an Associate of Arts (AA) degree followed by a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Elementary Education.
These plans of study require the student to:
- Complete the General Education Requirements for UM and the AA degree, with an emphasis in Elementary Education
- Complete all ELED major courses with a C- or better
- Attain 60 or more credits upon earning the AA
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Early in the semester prior to earning the AA degree, complete the Missoula College graduation application with a Missoula College advisor
- Early in the semester prior to attending the mountain campus:
- complete applicable paperwork to become a mountain campus Pre-Education major, which is required for pre-registration of mountain campus classes and to apply to the Teacher Education Program
- contact Teacher Education Services to schedule an advising appointment for the first semester at the mountain campus
- as a Pre-Education major, discuss with the Elementary Education Advisor when to apply to the Teacher Education Program and apply as advised.
Upon completion of these requirements, the student will have successfully matriculated as a Pre-Education major from Missoula College UM to the UM Mountain Campus, and will be notified if accepted into the Teacher Education Program in Elementary Education.
Some plans refer to the Appendix A Missoula College Electives document.
Elementary Education Baccalaureate Track #1 is designed to be 2+2 Program for students to complete the entirety of their AA at Missoula College, followed by a BA in Elementary Education at the UM mountain campus, within four years.
Elementary Education Baccalaureate Track #2 is a track for students who wish to remain Missoula College students for the entirety of their AA degree completion, and who then plan to pursue a BA in Elementary Education through the UM mountain campus. This plan is also appropriate for students who may not be able to enroll in Summer Session courses, or who are unsure if they want to pursue Elementary Education, but want to work towards that direction as they complete an AA.
Elementary Education Baccalaureate Track #3 is a 2+2 Early Launch Program for students to earn their AA degree through Missoula College, followed by a BA in Elementary Education through the UM mountain campus, within four years. Students following this plan transition to the mountain campus their fourth semester (Spring #2), but still earn their AA that same semester.