Business Media Design - CAS
Certificate of Applied Science, Business Media Design
People respond to emotion, engagement, and strong design. Combine your unique talents in digital media, expressive arts, visual communications, and business toward a career in media design for businesses, education or nonprofit organizations. You will learn:
- Media history and business foundations
- How to work extensively in Adobe Creative Suite
- Effective visual composition and messaging
- How to create interesting imagery and tell compelling stories
Projects require story development, original and edited still photographs, and original and edited audio and visual work in both still and time-based media. Graduates are prepared for immediate skill application. Successful completion of the C.A.S. meets prerequisites required for entry into the undergraduate programs for UM’s Media Arts.
- Gain foundational knowledge in digital and information technologies, the nature of business enterprise, media history, typography, visual symbols, art, and artistic aesthetics and expression.
- Create, edit, and design audio/visual work in both the still image and time based mediums that focus on artistic expression and its relationship to digital technology.
- Create business documents and publications using common business applications while following ethical, research, and industry standard guiding principles and best practices.
- Assemble web assets needed to construct a complete website using current W3C web HTML document type standards, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, and best web practices for file and domain management, container layout, navigation, and attractive web arrangement using principles and elements of design in an accessible web format.
- Plan, create, and organize artistically pleasing and effective print layouts based on the intended audience, organizational goals, and sound design through typography and imagery.
- Use photo editing software to create, edit, and customize digital images in appropriate image size, resolution, and file type for the intended publication medium.
The University of Montana catalog details degree specific credits and course requirements. The Curriculum Sequence suggests a semester-by-semester plan for students to complete the program.
|Business Media Design UM Catalog||Certificate of Applied Science|
|Business Media Design Curriculum Sequence|