Customer Relations - CAS
Customer Relations - Certificate of Applied Science
Cheryl Galipeau, Program Director
The Customer Relations Certificate prepares students to give customers what they expect, and then give them more! Increase your competitive advantage by creating a service culture, building and maintaining relationships, and developing customer service management systems.
Core topics include:
- Communication—verbal/nonverbal , navigate challenges, effective conflict resolution, and listening skills.
- Manage interpersonal relationships and build teams.
- Public relations in organizations, reputation management and trust, and effective internal and external customer relationships.
Learn to turn common problems into service opportunities! There's an emphasis on business, computers, communications, exceptional service skills, and adding to your value as a customer relations professional. Customer Relations can be earned independently, or combined with second-year curriculum toward an Associate of Applied Science degree in Administrative Management.
Customer Relations, Certificate of Applied Science
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Formulate service policies for excellent customer service management
- Apply service-level decisions to develop staff, enhance customer loyalty, and deal with challenges and conflicts while serving both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate the workplace skills of effective communication (oral, written, nonverbal), problem-solving, managing interpersonal relationships and collaborating with teams, thinking critically, and leadership
- Ethically use research and the tools of technology to create and organize business documents efficiently, accurately, and artfully designed
- Understand, appreciate, and recognize opportunities of diverse populations and cultures
Related Job Titles:
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Care
- Call Centers
- Client Relations
- Client Services
- Guest Services
- Information Clerk
Academically prepared students may complete the program in two semesters.
Further Educational Opportunities:
The Customer Relations Certificate of Applied Science is a first step for individuals interested in building foundational skills in business, technology, interpersonal communications and customer relationships for careers involving internal and external customers. It is part of a laddered credential approach with the first year, a one-year certificate, offered fully online. The one-year certificate leads to a two-year associate degree and industry certification. The 33 credits completed in the Customer Relations Certificate fulfill partial requirements for an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Administrative Management.
The University of Montana catalog details degree specific credits and course requirements. The Curriculum Sequence suggests a semester-by-semester plan for students to complete the program.
|Customer Relations UM Catalog||Certificate of Applied Science|
|Customer Relations Curriculum Sequence|