Commercial Driver's License Training
Missoula College is committed to providing a comprehensive CDL training program which offers an ideal learning environment for new truck drivers to develop driving skills in a commercial vehicle and prepares the drivers to obtain their Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
|Next Training Dates:||
January 24, 2022 (weather permitting)
|March 1, 2022 (weather permitting)|
(There is possible funding available through the Missoula Job Service to pay for the CDL tuition. Please contact their office at 406-728-7060 to find out if you qualify)
January 17, 2022 for the January 24, 2022 training
February 16, 2022 for the March 1, 2022 training
Andrew Tode - 406-243-7643 - email@example.com
|Larry Reinholz - 406-550-7450 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
Missoula College West Campus
2795 37th Ave, Missoula MT 59804
Prerequisites: (You will have to have your learners permit before you can apply to the program)
- Valid Montana Class D Driver’s License – clear from any outstanding warrants, suspensions or revocations.
- DOT Physical Card which must be issued by a medical provider listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners. For Missoula County please call Providence Occupational Health at 406-329-5746 to schedule your DOT physical appointment. ($60 - $170)
- CLP (Commercial Learners Permit)- Montana has its own process to get your Montana CLP which not only includes the knowledge and skills requirements but there are also residency and medical requirements. You can obtain a free copy of the Montana CDL Handbook at the local DMV office of by downloading it from the Montana website at https://dojmt.gov/driving/commercial-driver-licensing/.
Application and Intake forms:
Follow this Intake Form Link to print the CDL Application and Query Request forms. form You can also pick them up in person at Missoula College which is located at 1205 E Broadway, Room 215. Once you have completed your application please contact Andrew Tode or Larry Reinholz at 406-243-7643 to schedule a time to turn in your application and schedule your drug test.
This program provides excellent Commercial Driver License training at a competitive cost.
Orientation – Week 1
Drug and Alcohol test scheduled, Registration with the FMCSA.
Driver Training – Week 2-5
Training to help the student pass the driving test and includes the following driving competencies:
- Pre-trip inspection
- In cab inspection
- Hours of service
- Learn to clutch and shift gears
- Driving truck and trailer through in-town traffic
- Backing truck and trailer properly
- Driving truck and trailer on highway and county roads
- Close proximity driving and backing
- Fuel optimization and truck operations
- Total of 15 Hours of actual driving time
- Test in the same truck you trained in
- Meets the DOT/FMCSA training requirement
- We help you connect with employers